Contact Asbestos Watch to inspect and eliminate asbestos materials safely from your premises.
We strive to provide our clients with excellent quality asbestos removal services. We ensure you that our team of experts will remove asbestos in the safest manner possible. Call us now or fill-in our request a quote form to get a free, customised quote according to your needs.
High-quality asbestos removal Adelaide services at competitive prices
Even though the use of asbestos products has been prohibited since 2003 in Australia, many products containing this hazardous substance still exist in many residential and commercial buildings in the Greater Adelaide region. Thus, if you’re planning to do a renovation or demolition project, you need to take extra precautions in case you are dealing with asbestos by performing a safe asbestos removal Adelaide process.
Asbestos Watch Adelaide provides a wide range of asbestos removal Adelaide services for all types of buildings including commercial, government, and residential buildings. We will conduct all asbestos removal Adelaide works under national, state, and local regulations.
Our commitment to you:
- We are competent, professional, and reliable.
- We are dedicated to promoting integrity and professionalism throughout the asbestos removal industry.
- We can remove all forms of asbestos materials in any location, whether it is on the roof or beneath the floor.
- We focus on delivering the best asbestos removal Adelaide services to remove asbestos from your building – safely and completely in the fastest way.
- We will undertake an extensive survey and remove asbestos materials on your property.
Whether it’s your office buildings, business properties or living space, we have all the necessary skills, experience, and equipment to remove the material safely and completely.When it comes to removing asbestos, it is best to contact Asbestos Watch Adelaide.
Deadly asbestos materials in Adelaide
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that contains tiny and strong fibres used for multiple purposes. It was used mainly during the years between 1920 and 1989, so any structure constructed within those years will most likely contain it.
Asbestos materials are usually bonded with other materials and are commonly called as fibro cement sheeting. Loose friable asbestos can be found in insulating or as a backing material to vinyl sheet flooring.
Continuous exposure to asbestos fibres can lead to serious health complications such as increasing the chance of mesothelioma. This means that removing an asbestos substance from your building is an absolute necessity.
Below, you can find some facts about the presence of asbestos materials in Adelaide.
Fact #1: Asbestos crumbles and flakes very easily
Although many countries have banned the use of asbestos in building constructions, asbestos is still present in some buildings in Adelaide. Unfortunately, asbestos crumbles and flakes very easily.
Once it crumbles and flakes, asbestos releases harmful fibres that circulate in the air. The fibres are responsible for causing lung cancer. – NIH
For this reason, it is highly recommended that you have your building inspected for asbestos if you suspect that it has asbestos or before you buy a property. You should hire experts to inspect your building for asbestos and remove it if present. It is only experienced professionals who can tell whether asbestos in your building has started to crumble and flake then remove it safely and completely.
Fact #2: The dangerous health effects of asbestos exposure
Concerns related to asbestos exposure have first appeared in the early 20th century. Many workers during this period died from respiratory diseases caused by asbestos exposure. The development of the illnesses in human depends on the degree and duration of exposure.
Asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer are considered as the most common asbestos-related diseases to occur due to asbestos exposure. The average latency period, the time from the first exposure to asbestos fibres until the development of a disease, for these diseases is between 10-50 years.
Many of the people who got the diseases are the ones who work closely with construction works, such as builders. But, even though you are not involved directly with construction works, you can still have a chance of developing these diseases.
Fact #3: Only a licensed removalist can remove friable asbestos materials
Remember, a safe and effective asbestos removal Adelaide service can only be performed by qualified professionals. Moreover, removing asbestos materials involves a number of government regulations and requires a great deal of paperwork for insurance purposes, so never ever try to attempt to carry out the asbestos removal Adelaide process on your own. The Adelaide city council also recommends hiring a licensed removal specialist regardless of the amount of asbestos fibres in your house or property.
Only a B-class or A-class licence holder is supposed to handle the removal of more than 10 square meters of non-friable asbestos-containing materials. Moreover, friable asbestos-containing materials should only be removed by an A-class licence holder. – Government of South Australia
Our asbestos removal Adelaide services
We provide extensive and vast asbestos removal Adelaide services that include an initial inspection and a complete elimination of asbestos from your property. Both types of asbestos, friable and non-friable, can be safely removed from your property – prompt and right the first time.
1. Conducting an initial inspection in any residential, commercial, and government building
If you notice asbestos in some areas of your property, block them completely until our team of removal specialists arrives. Our removal specialists will arrive at your property with testing kits, take samples and conduct a thorough inspection of the property.
2. Removing all asbestos materials on your property; starting from fencing to roofing products
We deliver tailor-made asbestos removal Adelaide services designed to meet your needs and solve your asbestos-related problems. Our team will work closely with you to ensure that all asbestos removal Adelaide jobs are handled thoroughly.
This is the basic process of asbestos removal Adelaide that we may follow:
- Step 1 – Containment: This is the first step in the actual asbestos removal Adelaide process after inspection and testing. It entails sealing off the affected rooms to prevent airborne particles from escaping to the other areas of your property or its surrounding environment.
- Step 2 – Removal: Our experienced specialists will separate the contaminated parts from the uncontaminated parts in the sealed off area of the building. The contaminated parts will be packed in airtight containers thereby ensuring their safe removal.
- Step 3 – Vacuuming: Specialized equipment will be used to vacuum as well as clean the damaged parts thoroughly. This vacuuming and cleaning ensure that no harmful asbestos fibres are left on the surfaces of the building.
- Step 4 – Air sampling: When required, we will perform air sampling in the affected areas or rooms as well as the entire property to ensure the safety of the air for inhalation by humans.
3. Transportation and dispose of hazardous waste to an approved legal landfill
The Adelaide city council recommends every individual to seek help from a qualified contractor to undertake the transport and dispose of asbestos waste. We will handle the disposal of asbestos waste at a legal facility approved by the Adelaide city council – safely. We will contact the local council to identify and locate the nearest legal landfill site. The waste will be wrapped in a sealed container and labelled as ‘asbestos waste’ before it is transported to the landfill facility. We will deliver a report to you to ensure that waste was disposed of legally.
Why you need to contact asbestos watch Adelaide
1. We are highly skilled and experienced
We have extensive experience on how to handle the challenges that come with the asbestos removal Adelaide process in your building. When you work with our team to remove asbestos from your home, you can be assured of:
- A responsive, respectful and friendly team of experts
- A clearly written action plan that will only be executed with your approval
- Exceptionally executed asbestos removal Adelaide solutions that will ensure your working and living space are safe again
- Reliable post-removal follow-up coupled with quality assurance
2. We are fully insured
Asbestos is carcinogenic and can cause numerous aggressive diseases. There are many risks we face when doing the job. We always take precautions when handling the job to keep everyone around us safe when we are working. We always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment when handling asbestos. However, accidents may happen even though we work very carefully. You should not be worried about paying additional costs in the case of an accident. This is because our removalists are fully insured.
3. We employ new and modern equipment for a safe asbestos removal Adelaide process
We employ modern equipment to maximize efficiency and ensure clients’ safety. Our teams are trained in safe and correct techniques when operating equipment to ensure your project is carried out safely and quickly.
We are not only fully Class-A licensed but also understand how to address each client’s unique needs. If you require any information regarding the asbestos removal Adelaide services offered by Asbestos Watch Adelaide, then please do not hesitate to contact our team of specialists.