Asbestos Watch Adelaide strives to provide our clients with excellent quality asbestos removal services
Asbestos Watch Adelaide provide High Quality services at competitive prices
Even though the use of asbestos products has been prohibited since 2003 in Australia, many products containing this hazardous substance still exist in many residential and commercial buildings in the greater Adelaide region. Thus, if you’re planning to do a renovation or demolition project, you need to take extra precautions in case you are dealing with asbestos, use our team to provide you with the safest process.
Asbestos Watch Adelaide provides a wide range of service for all types of buildings including commercial, government, and residential buildings. Our team will conduct all asbestos removal works following national, state, and local regulations.
Our commitment to you:
- We are competent, professional, and reliable.
- We are dedicated to promoting integrity and professionalism throughout the asbestos removal industry.
- We can remove all forms of asbestos materials in any location, whether it is on the roof or beneath the floor.
- We focus on delivering the best asbestos services, to remove asbestos from your building – safely and completely in the fastest way.
- We can undertake an extensive survey and remove asbestos materials from anywhere on your property.
Whether it’s your office buildings, business properties or living space, we have all the necessary skills, experience, and equipment to remove the material safely and completely. When it comes to removing asbestos, it is best to contact Asbestos Watch Adelaide.
Deadly asbestos materials in Adelaide
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that contains tiny and strong fibres used for multiple purposes. It was used mainly during the years between 1920 and 1989, so any structure constructed within those years will most likely contain it.
Asbestos materials are usually bonded with other materials and can be commonly called fibro cement sheeting. Loose friable asbestos can be found in insulating or as a backing material to vinyl sheet flooring.
Continuous exposure to asbestos fibres can lead to serious health complications such as increasing the chance of mesothelioma. This means that removing an asbestos substance from your building can be an absolute necessity.
Below, you can find some facts about the presence of asbestos materials in Adelaide.
Although many countries have banned the use of asbestos in building constructions, asbestos is still present in some buildings in Adelaide. Unfortunately, friable asbestos crumbles and flakes very easily.
Once it crumbles and flakes, asbestos releases harmful fibres that circulate in the air. The fibres are responsible for causing lung cancer. - NIH
For this reason, it is highly recommended that you have your building inspected for asbestos if you suspect that it has asbestos or before you buy a property. You should hire experts to inspect your building for asbestos and remove it if present. It is only experienced professionals who can tell whether asbestos in your building has started to crumble and flake then remove it safely and completely.
Concerns related to asbestos exposure have first appeared in the early 20th century. Many workers during this period died from respiratory diseases caused by asbestos exposure. The development of the illnesses in people depends on the degree and duration of exposure.
Asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer are considered as the most common asbestos-related diseases to occur due to asbestos exposure. The average latency period, the time from the first exposure to asbestos fibres until the development of a disease, for these diseases is between 10-50 years.
Many of the people who contracted the disease are the ones who have worked closely with construction works, such as builders. But, even though you are not involved directly with construction works, you can still have a chance of developing these diseases from living or working in contaminated environments.
Remember, Asbestos Removal Specialists Adelaide perform a safe and effective removal service that can only be performed by qualified professionals. Moreover, removing asbestos materials involves a number of government regulations and requires a great deal of paperwork for insurance purposes, so never ever try to attempt to carry out the asbestos removal process on your own, leave it to our team. The Adelaide city council also recommends hiring a licensed removal specialist regardless of the amount of asbestos in your house or property.
Only a B-class or A-class licence holder is supposed to handle the removal of more than 10 square meters of non-friable asbestos-containing materials. Moreover, friable asbestos-containing materials should only be removed by an A-class licence holder. – Government of South Australia
Our asbestos removal Adelaide services
Our Asbestos Removal Adelaide Team provide extensive and vast asbestos removal services that can include an initial inspection and a complete elimination of asbestos from your property. Both types of asbestos, friable and non-friable, can be safely removed from your property – prompt and right the first time.
Conducting an initial inspection in any residential, commercial, and government building
If you notice asbestos in some areas of your property, restrict access to the contaminated area until our team of removal specialists arrived. Our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team specialists will arrive at your property with testing kits, take samples and can conduct a thorough inspection of the property.
Removing all asbestos materials on your property; starting from fencing to roofing products
Our team will deliver tailor made solutions designed to meet your needs and solve your asbestos-related problems. They will work closely with you to ensure that all asbestos jobs are handled thoroughly.
The basic process that our Asbestos Removal Adelaide Team may follow:
- Step 1 – Containment: This is the first step the Asbestos Removal Service Adelaide will follow in the actual asbestos removal process after inspection and testing. It entails sealing off the affected rooms to prevent airborne particles from escaping to the other areas of your property or its surrounding environment.
- Step 2 – Removal: Our experienced specialists will separate the contaminated parts from the uncontaminated parts in the sealed off area of the building. The contaminated parts will be wrapped in 200-micron black plastic film thereby ensuring their safe removal.
- Step 3 – Vacuuming: Specialized vacuum equipment will be used to clean the damaged parts or area thoroughly. This vacuuming and cleaning ensure that no harmful asbestos fibres are left on the surrounding surfaces.
- Step 4 – Air sampling: When required, we will perform air sampling in the affected areas or rooms as well as the entire property to ensure the air quality is safe for inhalation by humans.
Transportation and disposal of hazardous waste to an EPA-approved facility
The Adelaide city council recommends every individual to seek help from a qualified contractor to undertake the transport and disposal of asbestos waste. We will handle the disposal of asbestos waste at a waste facility approved by the Adelaide city council. We will contact the local council to identify and locate the nearest EPA- approved site. The waste will be double wrapped in 200-micron thick plastic and labelled as ‘asbestos waste’ before it is transported to the landfill facility. A copy of the delivery report can be sent to you if you would like to ensure that the waste was disposed of legally.
WHY DO YOU COULD REQUIRE OUR PROFESSIONAL ASBESTOS REMOVAL ADELAIDE TEAM?
We are highly skilled and experienced
Our team have extensive experience on how to handle the challenges that come with the removal process. When you work with our team to remove asbestos from your home, you can be assured of:
- A responsive, respectful and friendly team of experts
- A clearly written action plan that will only be executed with your approval
- Exceptionally executed removal performed by our team, solutions that will ensure your working and living space are safe again
- If required, reliable post-removal follow-up coupled with clearance certificate of re-occupancy
We are fully insured
Asbestos is carcinogenic and can cause numerous aggressive diseases. There are many risks we face when doing the job. We always take precautions when handling the job to keep everyone around us safe when we are working. We always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment when handling asbestos.
Our Asbestos Removal Adelaide Team employ new and modern equipment for a safe removal process
We employ modern equipment to maximize efficiency and ensure clients’ safety. Our teams are trained in safe and correct techniques when operating equipment to ensure your project is carried out safely and quickly.
We are fully Class-A licensed and also understand how to address each client’s unique needs. If you require any information regarding how our team can assist you, then please do not hesitate to contact us.