Asbestos Removal AdelaideAsbestos Waste Removal & Remediation
"Asbestos Watch Endorsed Contractors for a secure asbestos waste removal in Adelaide"
Protect yourself from deadly asbestos
Even though the use of asbestos-containing material (ACM) has been prohibited since 2003 in Australia, many products containing this hazardous substance still exist in many residential and commercial buildings in the Greater Adelaide region. Thus, if you’re planning to do a renovation or demolition project, you need to take extra precautions in case you are dealing with this toxic material by performing a safe removal process.
It is dangerous to attempt the removal work yourself.
The best thing to do is to leave the fibrous material alone and contact a professional removalist to remove it safely. Worries no more, you can easily contact a reliable contractor through us to remove ACMs in the safest manner possible. We, as an endorsement company for asbestos contractors, will connect you with A-class licensed removalists that are highly skilled and experienced.
Our endorsed contractors will undertake an extensive survey and remove the dangerous material on your property. They provide a wide range of services for all types of buildings including commercial, government, and residential buildings. Our endorsed members will conduct all removal works under national, state, and local regulations.
Our approved contractors focus on delivering the best services to remove the fibre products from your building – safely and completely in the fastest way. Thus, whether it’s your office buildings, business properties or living space, they have all the necessary skills, experience, and equipment to remove the material safely and completely. When it comes to removing ACMs, it is best to contact a qualified contractor through us.
Asbestos Removal in Adelaide, SA
- Section 1: Deadly fibrous materials in Adelaide
- Section 2: Ensure the safe handling of fibrous materials
- Section 3: Extensive asbestos removal Adelaide services
- Section 4: High-quality services at competitive prices
Section 1: Deadly fibrous materials in Adelaide
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that contains tiny and strong fibres used for multiple purposes. It was used mainly during the years between 1920 and 1989, so any structure constructed within those years will most likely contain it.
These materials are usually bonded with other materials and are commonly called as fibro cement sheeting. Loose friable type can be found in insulating or as a backing material to vinyl sheet flooring.
Continuous exposure to fibres can lead to serious health complications such as increasing the chance of mesothelioma. This means that removing a fibrous substance from your building is an absolute necessity. Below, you can find some facts about the presence of ACMs in Adelaide.
Fact #1: Fibre crumbles and flakes very easily
Although many countries have banned the use of fibrous materials in building constructions, fibrous material is still present in some buildings in Adelaide. Unfortunately, fibre crumbles and flakes very easily.
Once it crumbles and flakes, ACM releases harmful dust that circulates in the air. This dust is a very risky or harmful carcinogen because it is responsible for causing lung cancer. via:https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/asbestos/asbestos-fact-sheet
For this reason, it is highly recommended that you have your building inspected for ACM if you suspect that it has asbestos or before you buy a property. You should hire experts to inspect your building for ACMs and remove them if present. It is only experienced professionals who can tell whether ACM in your building has started to crumble and flake then remove it safely and completely.
Fact #2: The dangerous health effects of fibre exposure
Concerns related to fibre exposure have first appeared in the early 20th century. Many workers during this period died from respiratory diseases related to fibre exposure. The development of illness in human depends on the degree and duration of exposure.
Asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer are considered as the most common asbestos-related diseases to occur due to fibres exposure. The average latency period, the time from the first exposure to fibres until the development of a disease, for these diseases is between 10-50 years.
Many of the people who got the diseases are the ones who work closely with construction works, such as builders. But, even though you are not involved directly with construction works, you can still have a chance of developing these diseases.
Fact #3: Only a licensed removalist can remove friable materials
Remember, safe and effective fibre elimination services can only be performed by qualified professionals. Moreover, removing fibrous materials involves a number of government regulations and requires a great deal of paperwork for insurance purposes, so never ever try to attempt to carry out the removal process on your own. The Adelaide city council also recommends hiring a licensed contractor specialist regardless of the amount of fibres in your house or property. Read more: Asbestos management plan in Adelaide
Only a Class-B or Class-A license holder is supposed to handle the removal of more than 10 square meters of non-friable ACMs. Moreover, Friable ACMs should only be removed by a Class-A license holder. – Sa.gov.au
It is important to contact a licensed professional to completely remove ACMs from your property. We will connect you to licensed removalists to perform a safe and complete removal Adelaide project. Our endorsed members are extensively trained, knowledgeable, and highly skilled. By hiring a qualified removalist through us, you are protecting your family and employees from the dangerous effects of fibrous materials.
Section 2: Ensure the safe handling of fibrous materials
Your health and safety matter most to us. This is why we connect all clients with a high caliber division of qualified removalists who specialize in eliminating fibrous materials from commercial and residential buildings in Adelaide.
Why you need to contact our members…
- Our approved members are selectively chosen
- Our approved contractors are highly skilled and experienced
- They are fully insured
- They employ new and modern equipment for a safe Adelaide removal process
Reason #1: We understand that choosing a contractor that you can rely upon tends to be challenging. That’s why we make it easy for you to find the ideal contractor by choosing qualified and reliable contractors that you can depend on. All of our approved members are selectively chosen for their excellent skills as well as their professional conduct. We take great measures when choosing our contractor members, ensuring that they will deliver a complete and safe process of asbestos removal in Adelaide. Our approved members are not only fully Class-A licensed but also understand how to address each client’s unique needs.
Reason #2: We endorse licensed contractors whose specialty is the removal of fibrous substances specifically from a residential and commercial property. Our approved contractors have extensive experience on how to handle the challenges that come with the removing process in your building. When you work with our approved contractors to remove the hazardous substance from your home you can be assured of:
- A responsive, respectful and friendly team of experts
- A clearly written action plan that will only be executed with your approval
- Exceptionally executed remediation solutions that will ensure your working and living space are safe again
- Reliable post-removal follow up coupled with quality assurance
Reason #3: Airborne fibres are carcinogenic and can cause numerous aggressive diseases. There are many risks that our approved members are faced when doing the job. Our endorsed removalists always take precautions when handling the job to keep everyone around them safe when they are working. They always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment when handling ACM. However, accidents may happen even though they work very carefully. You should not be worried about paying additional costs in the case of an accident. This is because our endorsed removalists are fully insured.
Reason #4: Our endorsed contractors employ modern equipment to maximize efficiency and ensure clients’ safety. They are trained in safe and correct techniques when operating equipment to ensure your project is carried out safely and quickly.
Section 3: Extensive asbestos removal Adelaide services
We endorses highly skilled contractors that have years of experience in fibre removal in the greater Adelaide region. They provide extensive and vast services that include an initial inspection and a complete elimination of ACMs from your property. Both types of fibres, friable and non-friable, can be safely removed from your property – prompt and right the first time.
1. Conducting an initial inspection in any residential, commercial, and government building: If you notice ACM in some areas of your property, block them completely until our team of removal specialists arrives. Our removal specialists will arrive at your property with testing kits, take samples and conduct a thorough inspection of the property. In case the assessors conclude that there is a fibre exposure risk, they will advise you accordingly.
2. Removing all fibrous materials on your property; starting from fencing to roofing products: Our approved members deliver tailor made services designed to meet your needs and solve your asbestos-related problems. They will work closely with you to ensure that all asbestos removal Adelaide jobs are handled thoroughly. These following steps will be followed by our endorsed members in removing fibrous materials:
- Step 1 – Containment: This is the first step in the actual fibrous substance elimination process after inspection and testing. It entails sealing off the affected rooms to prevent airborne particles from escaping to the other areas of your property or its surrounding environment.
- Step 2 – Removal: Our experienced specialists will move the affected sections in the sealed off area of the building from the unaffected sections. These parts will be packed in airtight containers thereby ensuring their safe removal.
- Step 3 – Vacuuming: Specialized equipment will be used to vacuum as well as clean the damaged parts thoroughly. This vacuuming and cleaning ensure that no harmful fibres are left on the surfaces of the building.
- Step 4 – Air sampling: When required, our endorsed members will perform air sampling in the affected areas or rooms as well as the entire property to ensure the safety of the air for inhalation by humans.
3. Transportation and dispose of hazardous waste to an approved legal landfill: The Adelaide city council recommends every individual to seek help from a qualified contractor to undertake the transport and dispose of toxic waste. Our endorsed contractors will handle the disposal of the hazardous waste at a legal facility approved by the Adelaide city council – safely. They will contact the local council to identify and locate the nearest legal landfill site. The waste will be wrapped in a sealed container and labeled as ‘toxic waste’ before it is transported to the landfill facility. They will deliver a report to you to ensure that waste was disposed of legally.
Section 4: High-quality services at competitive prices
We endorses contractors that are competent, professional, and reliable. We are dedicated to promoting integrity and professionalism throughout the fibre removal industry.
Our qualified members can remove all forms of fibrous materials in any location, whether it is on the roof (asbestos roof removal guide here) or beneath the floor. They have worked in many residential, commercial, and government settings. We are putting quality and safety at the center of all that we do.
All the works that our members have done adhere to strict health and safety regulations.
We always strive to meet clients’ needs and expectations. We value the relationship with all our clients. Our approved contractors ensure that all projects will be carried out with the provisions of the legal procedure. Rest assured since they will provide you with high-quality services while putting your health and safety as their highest priority.
If you require any information regarding the services offered by our members, then please do not hesitate to contact our team of specialists.
When seeking a competent and reliable removal contractor to remove fibrous materials from your property safely…look for Asbestos Watch Adelaide.