Reliable Asbestos Testing, Safe Collection Procedures And Quick Report Turnaround
If you own a property that was built in Adelaide before 1990, it is highly likely that it will contain asbestos. It is difficult to say whether a material contains asbestos or not just by simply looking at it. A thorough inspection by a qualified person can identify the presence of asbestos within your building.
Only competent personnel know what to look for. Upon your request, Asbestos Watch Adelaide will come in and determine the existence of asbestos on your property. We will do sample collection and our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team will process via a NATA accredited laboratory if required.
What we offer:
- Our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team can perform a thorough inspection of your building starting from the roof to beneath the floor.
- Our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team offers extensive services that include the identification of asbestos material in bulk products, company survey, and air monitoring when required.
- We employ new and modern technology used by our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team via an accredited laboratory.
Rest assured that the Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team will conduct all processes in accordance with national and local applicable codes and guidelines. When it comes to detecting and inspecting asbestos materials, it is best to contact Asbestos Watch Adelaide.
Asbestos Could Be Anywhere In Your House
Before it was banned, asbestos was used for many years in residential, public, industrial and commercial buildings. This means that there are many buildings in Australia that contain asbestos. In Adelaide, asbestos is found in different products including fireproofing, thermal insulation, building materials and electrical insulation. Asbestos products were used in Adelaide even in the late 1990s. Some industrial and commercial buildings were either built or renovated using products that contain asbestos materials.
Unsure if you have asbestos at your building? The only way to be sure if your building has asbestos is by getting it tested via a NATA certified laboratory if required.
Below, you can find some reasons why you need to contact a competent contractor such as our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team.
You are planning to do a renovation project
Whenever you are undertaking renovations in an older building in Australia, you are most likely to come across asbestos materials. If your house was constructed before 1984, there is a high probability that it will contain asbestos.
Briefly, you need to take action if these two situations happen to you:
- You have a plan to renovate your property or perform demolition jobs, and the city council needs you to fill in a survey.
- You suspect some materials in your house might contain asbestos.
Potential health hazards from asbestos exposure
Over 5000 deaths are caused by asbestos every year. When young people have routine exposure to asbestos, their risk of developing asbestos-related diseases is increased.
‘Generally, the major health risks that are associated with asbestos exposure include mesothelioma, asbestosis, and lung cancer.’ – ADSSA
Symptoms of most asbestos-related diseases take between 15 and 60 years to develop following exposure. This means that the effects of these diseases will not be detected immediately but later in the life of a person. This is why you should have your building inspected for asbestos and hiring experts like our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team to remove it professionally.
DIY sampling can be dangerous
The regulation states that you can collect your own sample for testing. Bear in mind you must use proper equipment and PPE wear. It is usually far safer and more cost-effective to use our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team to collect your samples and they will have the samples tested with the report emailed directly to you.
If you suspect that your building has asbestos materials, contact a professional contractor for a comprehensive inspection, removal and cleanup.
Our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team Services
You should not attempt to handle asbestos materials yourself. It is an extremely harmful substance that should only be handled by experts.
We provide asbestos testing Adelaide services as follow:
Collect all samples in a safe manner
Asbestos Watch Adelaide consists of asbestos removalists and technicians that are certified and accredited to collect samples from your building in a reliable manner. Our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team will collect all layers from the suspected material, whether from your roofing or fencing products, to obtain a representative laboratory result. We will collect the sample carefully to ensure that you’re not exposed to asbestos.
Here are the steps that may be carried out by our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team to collect the sample:
- We always use personal protective equipment (PPE) such as a P2 dust mask, a respirator, and gloves.
- Use a wet cleaner to prevent dust release from the suspect material.
- Collect the sample carefully with a special tool and put it in a sealable plastic bag.
- Use a wet wipe to clean the tool and then seal it inside plastic bags.
- Place the sample inside of another container.
- After sampling, we will use paint or glue to seal broken materials.
Testing the sample
Laboratory tests can prove the presence or absence of asbestos fibres in any material. The applicable testing standard is the Australian Standard AS 4964. This is a qualitative identification method for bulk asbestos samples. It entails viewing asbestos fibres under a microscope with a polarized light under varying conditions. This method is used to confirm the presence of asbestos and its type, whether friable or non-friable.
After the Asbestos Testing Adelaide process, the results may prove the presence of any of the following asbestos types:
- Amosite (Brown asbestos)
- Chrysotile (White asbestos)
- Crocidolite (Blue asbestos)
Once the presence of asbestos is confirmed, we can at your request then record all the areas that contain asbestos. This is done to make it easy for you to know the places that require special attention. Our Asbestos Removal Adelaide Team can further discuss the next step in terms of its removal with you if required.
Site decontamination to ensure that the sampling area is safe for reoccupation
We can perform a site decontamination process to satisfy national and local requirements. The decontamination procedure may include:
- Providing assistance to determine the proper decontamination methods. We will take several factors, such as time and economic issues, into account.
- Decontamination of all equipment, tools, and facilities used by our Asbestos Testing Adelaide Team on your projects.
- Transportation and disposal of asbestos waste to an EPA-approved site.
- If required, Air monitoring to ensure that the contaminated area is safe for reoccupation.
Asbestos Sample Testing
If you already have extracted a sample for testing, you can post it to us. Sample testing cost starts from $57 (including GST) per sample. If you have multiple samples, call us for the best price.
For your safety, please download and follow the guidelines below to collect the asbestos sample.
Let’s Discuss Your Needs
We offer comprehensive asbestos testing services starting from sample collection until site decontamination. We have worked in many government, commercial, and residential properties. When seeking a competent and reliable contractor to identify asbestos materials within your property, look for Asbestos Watch Adelaide.